Friday 28 November 2014

Being angry with God

Have you ever find yourself in a situation where nothing is working? You pray, meditate the Word regularly, but it is as if God is not hearing or seeing anything!! In such moments the question that often comes to our lips is "Why? " Why me Lord? "... 
Recently I had to live this exact situation: my younger brother was sick, very sick to the point where he could not do anything except lying on his bed. When I heard this, of course I turned to God and I began to pray for him. What was happening was that the more I prayed, the more the situation seemed to getting worse... It made no sense to me, I was praying but it was as if God did not even hear me. Then gradually I began to lose my trust in God, and then I got angry at God (it's crazy huh)... So during that time my relationship with God had deteriorated, I had more and more a hard time to pray because I thought it was useless...







One day through a sermon in church I realized that I had no reason to be angry with God. After all, He is my dad and He told me in His word that His plan is to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future. Thinking that this same God would not want my well being by not answering my prayer is just insane.
Unfortunately, this kind of situation happens to many of us. When things do not work the way we want, when we earnestly request something from God and it doesn't happen, we lose patience and the devil takes the opportunity to make us believe lies like God does not hear us, He does not love us or He is punishing us.



As I said these are lies, God loves us so much that He cannot, in any way, want to harm us. How can we think that the same God who loved us enough to die for us will refuse to give us fully what we ask him? The problem is that when these situations occur, we do not understand why God does not answer so we choose to go away from him. But as Christians are we not supposed to walk by faith? Yes, everything revolves around faith and trust in God. Having faith does not mean we will understand what God is doing, why and how He does it. After all He is sovereign and He does whatever He wants and the way He wants. However, one thing is certain: in all His sovereignty God is madly in love with us and His sovereignty will never take us where His grace and love are not overflowing.

Being angry with God does not help, the devil uses that opportunity to lead us further away from God. We have to understand that God loves us no matter what happens to us, what He allows in our lives is always for our good. We may not see it now but we must believe, believe in His love for us even when nothing is going the way it’s supposed to go and not get angry with Him. 


Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (NIV)

Romans 9: 15-16
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”  It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. (NIV)

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (NIV)

Hebrews 13:5
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (NIV)


By:   El-j.

No comments:

Post a Comment