Tuesday 25 November 2014

Where Do You Go When You Realize You Messed Up?





 Genesis 3:6-9
“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”


Why is it that every time we do something wrong, we run away from God? Think about it for one second. You do something wrong and you know it was wrong because you know what God says about it, but yet you end up doing it, then you realize “oh snap, I shouldn’t have done that”. Then when the Lord is calling for you, (calling meaning you feel the Holy Spirit calling you into his presence), you avoid His call. Why do we do that though? I know I do it all the time. I think I can run and hide, until I realize I can’t shut God out forever because… well… I need Him. Then I come back like the prodigal son and beg for repentance. Why can’t we just repent the moment we sin and realize we messed up though? Is it pride? Is it because we think we’re perfect and slipping off like that is something that should never happen? Yea… I think so.

Sometimes, as you walk with God and grow closer to Him, you start being like Him right? He starts changing your heart so it could be like His. So naturally we start thinking that, “yo I got this on lock, sin can’t get to me, temptation can’t hold me down!” but the problem with that is, WE ARE prone to temptation and we do slip off here and there, however, we should not be discouraged, because Jesus has overcome the world so we should keep seeking God to help us. Whenever we do slip off, we think “I’ve messed up big time” because we have this idea that we’re supposed to be spotless and without fault = “PERFECT”. That is not true. The Lord expects us to mess up and to sin, that’s why He sent His son Jesus to die for our sins remember? The whole purpose was so we can come to Him in repentance and find forgiveness for WHATEVER it is we did, because we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that the blood has washed away our sins. So why do we act like Jesus didn’t already take the fall for us, and hide whenever we mess up?

Ask yourself what it is, so Jesus can help you deal with that! Since sometimes, we hide because we knew better… you knew you should not have been up that late on the computer browsing through random sites, or you knew you should not have been hanging out with that friend or went out on a date with someone you know you don’t see yourself marrying… there’s all of those “excuses” that we know can be avoided. But it’s okay. Ask God to help you control your desires and to help you overcome temptation. And since temptations come ALL THE TIME, that’s why it’s important for us to PRAY ALL THE TIME, so we can stop running and hiding from God ALL THE TIME. When you know your area of weakness and give it the Lord, it will no longer be “your area of weakness” and the enemy will leave you alone. He attacks you on your weak side! Know your weak side! So that you stop running from God!

We can’t run from God guys… we need Him every day to survive. So even if you’re hiding from Him right now, you’re going to have to come out for air at some point. You’re going to be faced with a situation you know only God can handle and can help you overcome, so just go to God and tell Him what you did and ask for forgiveness. Remember, it’s available. His grace is also available and abundant and SUFFICIENT!

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

By: Vicky (Vessel Speaker)

No comments:

Post a Comment